Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tried it Tuesday & Monday Truth


My Truth Monday

Here are the weights... last night I did a crossfit type workout with these babies, and my arms feel like jello. Such a good feeling!


 
Click the link below to join up. Be someone else's support system today! :)
 

 

 

Tried it Tuesday

Last week I had a full day of parent conferences. I have one student in particular who doesn't turn in homework "on the reg," and his mom doesn't enforce it as much as she used to because he gives her such a hard time about it. We all know that students need to do homework and WANT to succeed on their own, but until they arrive at this stage, we have to help them and provide motivation. With that being said, I'm TRYING a contract for this sweetie. I actually just sent it home with him today, because the first part begins at home, then carries over to school.


He gets points for each part of his homework he completes, and more importantly, for how well he does on his homework. If he doesn't give mom any problems, he earns two points. If he gives her the slightest problem--zero points. Mom has to initial after she checks the box, so I'm sure SHE actually checked it. :) Also, he gets a point for getting his planner signed, completing his morning work, and then has a possibility of earning 5 points based on his effort throughout the day.

He can earn a total of 12 points during the day. If he does earn the full 12 points, he will receive 5 Hollywood Bucks. 10 points equals $4 and so on... my kids seriously LOVE earning classroom money and then buying coupons. You can click on the picture below to read more about that!






Be sure to click on the picture to link up with Holly!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I just passed out looking at all of those weights! I'm feeling bad just sitting here at the computer reading blogs. I feel like I need to go exercise!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, I wrote this post BEFORE I went to go stuff my face at Moe's... and now I feel like I should probably go run on that treadmill, but I'm too tired. Maybe tomorrow. Story of my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a Crossfit type workout! I am still going four days a week after school. Today I just wanted to go home and lay on the couch too, but feel better that I went to workout. Just walk on the treadmill don't run on those days. Finding balance is HARD! You can do it girl!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your "truth about fitness" quote! It is so true that the best teachers also feel good about themselves! Thanks for the reminder. :)
    Your system for behavior management looks great! Thanks for linking up! :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete