Thursday, April 25, 2013

Peace and lovin'!

Does anyone else feel slightly stressed and exhausted? Testing is here or soon arriving, kids are in rare form (or normal form if you're in my class!) and we still aren't allowed to take naps during the day. I'm pretty sure if I counted the number of Reese's, Kit-Kats and brownies I've eaten in the last month to make myself feel better, I'd be ashamed of myself. That's why I'm not counting. Then you add on all the not-so-pleasant events going on around the world, and it's easy for your light at the end of the school year to become less dim...  with that being said, it's time to share some PEACE and LOVIN'! Click on the link for some peace, hope, love and kindness with some of my blogging friends!




Peace... I find peace in knowing that no matter what happens, good or bad, at the end of the day I get to go home to my family, and that throughout the day, I'm surrounded by my second family. When I was pregnant with Lilly we still lived in an apartment. The weekend of my birthday we drove to my mom's house to celebrate and came back to a burned down apartment. This is bad anytime.. but when you're pregnant? And on your birthday? Sweet Jesus. My school family was the best though, collecting everything I could think of, from money to clothes for my family. When in stressful situations I'm reminded of how those who love you come together to help, and that immediately gives me a sense of peace. Chocolate does, too, but that's neither here nor there. 

Lovin'... aren't kids the best at giving love? Even when there's a student who drives you BONKERS, that you have to talk to ALL day, they always seem to be the ones who give the most love, because they need it. This afternoon I had a student who was being rude to others. I was to the point that if I let anything out of my mouth when speaking to him, it was going to be either A--extremely hateful, or B--inappropriate. So I just looked at him and said, "Don't. Just don't." So he went and sat by himself, with a sad face. But tomorrow morning it'll be back to, "Hi Mrs. Lopez! I missed you!" I try to instill love in my students by letting them know I love them, and they should show love to others, even when they don't speak--actions speak louder than words. We practice always saying thank you, encouraging others, and being helpful to those around the school. Lilly's middle name is LOVE for a reason. :)

I'm off to PEACEFULLY watch Gabba with my Lilly LOVE. Enjoy tomorrow at school... you don't have too many Fridays left this year! If that doesn't bring about HOPE in your heart, I don't know what else will! 

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I'm glad you weren't home when your apt burned down!! :( I'm with you, chocolate is totally my saving grace sometimes!
    Thanks so much for linking up!! :)
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about finding peace in the problems, and I'm so glad your school family pulled through for you. I love the name Lilly for a girl!

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! I can't even imagine a fire!! Yikes! That is so sad!! But, I'm glad you found peace with it and that you were surrounded by love!!

    Thank you for linking up!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How scary! What a great story for peace, love and hope! Thanks for sharing!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete